Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Fingers have been quietly working....

It has been a busy end of spring here. My husband and I took a short trip to Eastern Finland just a couple of weeks ago. It was so nice to get away and see his family. The country side is gorgeous, all cloaked in the soft greens of summer.

I did take stitching with me, but didn't get as much done as I wanted to. Spending time with my husband and family was a bit more important. I did get to visit a real needlework shop in Joensuu, and replenished some of my precious DMC floss.

I also finished 4 panels for a quilt that will be given to a 2nd grader in California this week. She's facing some surgery soon, and her wonderful teacher wanted to give her a surprise. I had posted a picture of the first panel earlier... here are all 4 that I sent.





All for are Precious Moments. These were a lot of fun. I have not seen a picture of the finished quilt yet, but I will post one when I do.

For now, it is back to work for me.. I have some more pretty magnets to do!





No comments:

Post a Comment